Accreditation and Affiliation
Guilford is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate degrees.
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
It is also affiliated with the Council on Post-secondary Education.
Guilford is on the list of colleges and universities approved by the American Medical Association, and the teacher education program is accredited by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction and the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education.
The Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Administration is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs. Although the following business-related programs at Guilford College are accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, they are not included in the accreditation by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs:
- computing technology & information systems,
- economics and
- sport management.
Credits earned at Guilford are accepted at face value in admission to graduate and professional schools and in certification of teaching.
Guilford holds membership in a number of organizations formed by colleges and universities:
- The Association of American Colleges and Universities,
- The American Council on Education,
- The Council of Independent Colleges,
- The North Carolina Adult Education Association,
- The National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities,
- The North Carolina Association of Independent Colleges and Universities,
- The North Carolina Honors Association,
- The National Collegiate Honors Council,
- The Friends Association for Higher Education,
- The College Board, and
- The North Carolina Independent Colleges and Universities.
Guilford is listed in the baccalaureate colleges — liberal arts category by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching.