Student Employment

All students have the opportunity to apply for employment opportunities, both on and off campus, through Guilford College. Students are either eligible for Federal Work-Study or Guilford Works student employment programs. Federal Work-Study is a need-based program funded by the U.S. Department of Education. Eligibility for Federal Work-Study is based upon the results of the student’s Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students who did not complete FAFSA or are otherwise not eligible for Federal Work-Study can seek employment through the Guilford Works program.

Earnings from student employment are not credited to a student’s account but are paid directly to the student every two weeks based on the number of hours worked. If desired, students can have their paychecks directly deposited to a bank of their choice