Guided Discovery is Guilford’s centralized advising center that offers holistic advising for all students. An integrated academic and career advising program, Guided Discovery is staffed by professional advisors called Guilford Guides. Before students begin their first semester, they are assigned a Guilford Guide to serve as their primary advisor for two years. The Guilford Guide serves as a resource to support exploration of purpose, planning and building a success team, goal setting, and working towards attainment of academic and career goals. Even after a student switches to a faculty advisor at the end of their sophomore year, the Guilford Guide remains a part of their success team for all four years.
Guided Discovery offers services in:
- Exploration of strengths, interests, majors and careers
- Course registration
- Connections with faculty and staff across campus
- Referrals to campus resources
- Wellness and self-care
- Connections to experiential learning opportunities
- Coaching for graduate school/job preparation
- Guidance with job searches, cover letters and resumes
- Job shadowing opportunities
- Connections with alumni and community partners
Click here to learn about our vision and model, and to meet our Guides! For more information, click "Guided Discovery" or our "Academic Advising Manual".