International Student Applications
To be admitted to Guilford, international students must fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit a completed application along with all supporting documentation, including records of prior academic work and recommendations.
- If records are not in English, an official translation must be included.
- Achieve a minimum TOEFL score of 213, 550 paper test, or 80 internet-based test.
- In lieu of TOEFL, students can submit a minimum IELTS score of 6.5.
- SAT or ACT scores (optional, but can be beneficial for obtaining scholarships)
- Provide a complete and true Certificate of Finances.
Note: Students who are Americans living abroad do not need a Certificate of Finances. They do need a TOEFL if English is not their first language. Both Americans living abroad and international students use the same application form.
|Fall Admission||Feb. 15|
|Spring Admission||Dec. 1|
The goal of the Guilford admission process is to select those international applicants who will benefit most from a Guilford education and contribute significantly to the Guilford community. The Admission Committee thoroughly reviews each applicant to determine academic preparation as well as to evaluate such qualities as leadership, creativity and school and community involvement.
For first-year applicants, we consider your coursework and grades, with the expectation that you will have at least four college- preparatory courses each year and the hope that you have challenged yourself with advanced courses where available. To the extent that we can, we also consider the level of competition in your secondary school. Along with your test scores, academic record and extracurricular activities, Guilford looks at a personal essay as well as recommendations from a counselor and a teacher.
Guilford welcomes applications from international students as either first-year students or transfer students from other universities. All foreign transcripts must be evaluated by World Education Services Inc., wes.org, before any transfer credits will be awarded.